Currently we ARE NOT accepting applications for our PUBLIC HOUSING Authority Apartments (located in Foley, AL) This is NOT the Section 8 program but rather the Public Housing program.
Print Public Housing Application
2. To apply applicants must:
• Be 19 years of age or older
• Provide Social Security cards, birth certificates for all household members and acceptable picture identification on adults (18 yrs. and older)
• Provide marriage certification or divorce decree
• Provide child custody papers
3. Eligibility may be determined by:
• Criminal background check through local police or FBI
• Former landlord references/history
• Credit history
• Verification of Income
4. Rent is based on Adjusted Income or flat rent.
5. Allowances are considered for:
• Full time students over the age of 18
• Child care expense when applicable
• Ongoing medical expenses for Disabled/Handicapped/Elderly that are paid out of pocket
6. There is normally a 2 to 4 week waiting period for verifications to be returned to the Housing Authority office.
7. The applicant family is made eligible or ineligible according to policy and the family is notified.
8. If eligible, the Family is offered the available unit.
9. Security deposits and pro-rata rent are due upon move in.
10. Utility service must be acquired by the resident in their name prior to obtaining the key to their new apartment home.